aheidemann
12 years ago
Hi,

a very interesting and useful website, but should any applicant wish to improve their English, they ought not to follow the examples set in the test. Who wrote the questions?! There are so many mistakes in them it makes me shiver...and English is my second language! Here is an example:

"Which department of the hospital you should go in the case of emergency?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely this should read: " Which department of the hospital should you go to in case of an emergency?"

The tests are riddled with gems like the above. If this was published by the same body that sets the test, I wonder if they would have passed the language qualifications for the test themselves. What a shame!
Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
12 years ago
Hi Angela,

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment; this is a site run by myself voluntarily and questions are set by a few people who themselves took the test at one point. English was (and still is) their second language and as far as I know they have never intended to teach you or anyone else English. They merely wanted to share what they thought could be asked in a real test.

Anyhow; I always intended to go through the questions to double check but I am not a native speaker myself and neither have a lot of time to spare. I had a few attempts in the past but not managed to do much as there is always something else; I do apologise once again.

E Fidan
Administrator

P.S. I've corrected the question as you have suggested, many thanks.