mrlookforward
11 years ago
How come your wife is applying for ILR, when she is your dependent and you do not have ILR?

If your wife got what is called a "fixed penalty notice" then she does not need to declare it.

You have been fighting for this country, but you have been putting people of this country at grave danger while driving under influence. You have committed the offences that you have committed. There is nothing you can do about it now. You cannot somehow travel back in time and put it right. Better get in touch with a good immigration solicitor who may try to mitigate, and try to get FLR. You will not be granted ILR until you have unspent convictions.

But let me make it clear to you, DUI in taken very very seriously by home office, and having the conviction twice is like you have already committed suicide as far as immigration is concerned.

No one can help you any further on immigration forums. Go see a good experienced immigration solicitor.
Sponsor

yoko1
  • yoko1
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

Thanks for the response Mr lookforward.

I know i complicated my life with all this , but i still have a valid leave to remain as i have not been discharged yet and my wife will apply for her ILR before my stamp is taken off.

I do understand the need for a good solicitor and i will get one so that i can have further leave to remain.

Thanks

Yoko

mrlookforward
11 years ago
If your wife gets ILR before your leave expires, then you can apply for "leave to remain as spouse of a person present and settled in UK". This is also known as marriage visa. Basically once your wife get ILR, you can apply to remain as her husband. This is done using form FLR(M). Her income or your income or both of your combined incomes must be at least £18600 before tax, per year. You will still  need a good solicitor to make this application because of your convictions.
yoko1
  • yoko1
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago

Hi All

On ILR- my wife is due to appy for her ILR after being on spouses visa for the last 5yrs. However she paid a fine due to her insurance not covering her to drive another car.(didnot go to court) is this supposed to be stated on the application ?  quote from form extract*

Also when making the ILR application is there any need to show funds available?

On the second issue

I am in the HM forces and i have been really stupid and cought DUI twice . whilst the court fined me and banned me from driving for 3yrs , i am on the verge of being made redundant and i need to apply for a further leave to remain.I have been on tour of duty twice fighting for this country and i cannot go back home as i have a daughter who has a british passport.

Since there is no discretionary leave to remain being granted .so i heard .

What's next for me.

Please help.

Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against you?