mrlookforward
9 years ago

You must be physically outside UK to apply. You must not submit the online application or pay for application from within UK.

Once again, you must be physically outside UK to apply. Do not try any tricks or clever ideas in this matter because if you apply whilst in UK, your application will be invalid.

regards

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Thank you Mr Lookforward.

I wouldn't have made an inquiry here if I had intended to play tricks.  All this is to avoid falling into problems.  Thank you for guiding people suffering from lack of information provided by the authorities.  I hadn't seen any where in the guidelines that those applying from outside, applicant must not pay from within the UK.

Thanks again.

mrlookforward
9 years ago

When there is a requirement for the application to be made "outside" UK, then it means outside UK. If someone could apply from inside the UK, be it applying online or offline, then the application will be "inside" the UK.

That last click on online application has to be from wherever the application needs to be made.

regards

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi Mr Lookforward,

I searched my problem on the forum but didn't find an answer.

I am switching to Tier 2 for my job and must apply from outside.  The beta online system asks for my UK arrivals and departures.  As I am in the UK now, I have an arrival date without a departure date.  The system neither accepts leaving departure box blank nor it allows me to enter my future departure date.  It assumes that I'm outside the UK.  Is that OK if I explain it in the Additional Information section that, I have arrived into the UK on such and such date but have no departure date yet?

Also, I've got a two-month baby born in the UK.  What is his permanent address - the online system asks for it?  Shall I enter out UK address (as he has always been in the UK since birth) or shall I enter my own permanent address (my home country address)?  IN the latter case, I will have to answer next question (duration of residing in that address) as zero months.

I would be very thankful if you could help me.

Thanks very much for your help.