lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi,

I have an ILR in the UK. I am planning to apply for ILR under Set (F) for my daughter (who is currently based overseas). I know that she needs to be in the UK for this application.

To satisfy the requirement of "If the child is already in the UK with temporary permission to stay, they can apply to settle here permanently using the SET(F) application form", what are these "temporary permission to stay"? Can she enter the UK under a normal tourist entry (her passport is a non-UK visa national) and still meet the above requirement?

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

Sponsor

mrlookforward
9 years ago

I am afraid its not simply a matter of filling up that form and getting ILR.

You need to tell all about your daughter. Where is her mother?  In UK or abroad? If mother is in UK, what is her status?

Its understandable that people may not want to disclose some things on internet forums, but to get any advice about your daughter, you will have to disclose all her circumstances fully, including her age.

To have a idea as to what is involved, you may want to read from the link. Read from page 24 and onwards.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/336949/Immigration_Rules_-_Part_8.pdf

regards