lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi,

Firstly I would like to say that this is a great forum which helped me in applying for my wife's ILR.  I would appreciate some advice on my wife's application; some of her details are as follows

• She was granted her spouse visa on the 31/01/14 with expiry date of 30/04/2014

• She came to the UK on the 18th of February 2012 and has been living with me since then.

• She passed her life in the UK test in February 2014 along with ESOL entry 3.

• We applied for ILR by post on the 10th of March 2014 using the set (M) form

It has been more than 9 months since her application and today we received a letter from the Home Office asking for my wife to come to an interview in Liverpool in January 2015.  If this normal or is there are problem with the application?

Some points that have me concerned are:

1. Since my wife's spouse visa was granted before the new financial rules came into effect on the 9th of July 2012, I showed earnings less than £18600.  Will that be a problem?

2. We are living with my parents, will that be a problem?

Also my wife's father suffered a brain haemorrhage  a couple of months ago and we involved the MP to speed up her application but the Home Office just said that if she wanted to travel then she would have to withdraw her application which we did not do.

If you require further info then please let me know.  I thank you all for your responses.

Kind regards

Sponsor