mrlookforward
9 years ago

The HO has recently tightened the good character criteria for naturalisation application. Its not possible to discuss all the guidance and what implication it will have.

But yes, there is a risk of refusal.

The criteria has only been recently tightened, so there is not enough evidence from the recent grants or refusal of naturalisation applications, to give a definitive answer for your particular circumstances.

regards

Sponsor

khaledadda
9 years ago

Hi Mr Lookforward,

thank you for your reply,

i know they are new rules , 9.7 of the good character witch I think is relevant to my case!

please keep me updated if you do find any accurate answers for me,

Regards,

khaledadda
9 years ago

Hi Mr Lookforward 

could you please try and find accurate answer regarding this matter for me,

Many Thanks,

mrlookforward
9 years ago

I can now tell you from recent outcomes of application, that if an applicant has committed any immigration offence then their naturalisation will be refused for next ten years. So, when you left country in 2010, you stopped committing immigration offence of being an overstayer. You can count 10 years from the date of your departure from UK. It will be some date in 2020. Any application before that will be a straight refusal.

regards

regards

khaledadda
9 years ago

To Mr Lookforward

Could you please advice me on this matter,

First I came to UK on 6 months visitor visa Oct 2003, overstayed my visa, in 2010 got permission to get married from home office, end of 2010 left the UK voluntary back to my country and applied for entry clearance as spouse of British citizen first got refused then after appeals got the 27 month spouse visa on July 2012, june 2014 applied for ILR same day service and was approved ,

Now my question will my previous overstaying visa affect my nuturalisation as I will be applying next July ,