lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi,

I've passed Life in the UK test and was planing to apply for Naturalisation. However, I failed to show a valid ticket on underground 4 weeks ago.

I received a letter from TFL about the incident if I want to make any comment. I was also told that I'd be receiving a letter from court asking me if I plead guild or not but I haven't received it.

My question is that does this affect my application?

Regards

Sponsor

mrlookforward
9 years ago

Yes, it certainly will effect your application. As TFL has made clear to you, that they want to prosecute you in court, you will have to declare is on application form. HO will keep your application on hold, until the court case is decided.

Once you receive summons from court, and if you are found guilty ( either you plead guilty or not guilty), you will have to wait three years before you can apply for naturalisation. However if you plead not guilty for the offence, and at the trial you are found not guilty by magistrate/judge, then you can apply for naturalisation.

Also keep in mind, if you lie on naturalisation application form, then you risk getting barred from naturalisation for 10 years.

regards