m.amir@soton.ac.uk.1307786909
14 years ago
Cant you get in touch with the test centre and ask if they can provide you with a copy of the certificate?
Sponsor

manish.thanki@gmail.com.1330536373
14 years ago
Hi

Please check with your test center may be they will help you.
honeyz125tq@hotmail.com.1330535519
14 years ago

well i have contacted test centre but they are saying that they dnt keep the results for more than three days as the home office people delete the data on test centre pcs...well they told me to contact home office on 0870 606 7766. i called on this number but these people refering back to test centre.i really dnt knw wat to do now.its really funny coz it sounds like a money making scheme to me.for instance in colleges or schools if u want a duplicate of ur certificate u can get it by identifying urself.why not in this case then.british government is running a poor scheme of looting innocent people.its a shame where neither test centre nor home office can give u a straight forrward answer.shame

mdh
  • mdh
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
14 years ago

Hi MT,

Good comments on officials but I'll suggest you to take another test, forget about money or any other annoying stuff.

Well! there are reasons why they don't keep any record and you won't get another copy of your test otherwise find yours original (you lost), try to remember where you kept it if you can't find then forget it. Resit the test is the best solution, don't take this seriously you asked I adviced.

ahuja.london@yahoo.co.uk.1256334067
14 years ago
No you can't ask for duplicate. You have to sit again.
ichanvarquez@yahoo.co.uk.1330535519
14 years ago
Hi!!
I just passed my Life in Uk test yesterday and I came across your query before i left for my exam that is why i asked the examiner about it , according to him if you lost your certificate you have to retake the exam .

mblackhill@googlemail.com.1330535519
14 years ago

It is true that you have to retake the exame if you lose the notification letter.

A lesson to learn: always take photocopies of it, at least you can show that you are genuine about it.

14 years ago

I have lost my Pass notifiction letter for the life in the Uk test, but i did tae a copy which i have with all the details required.

What could i do? Can i use this copy?

Look foward to our answer as soon as possible. Thank you 

seenan@hotmail.co.uk.1330536373
14 years ago
Hi,
If you have lost your cert, contact the centre where you appeared in the test, if they give you a new one then OK, otherwise you may have to appear in test again, as this thing is very clearly mentioned in instruction that if you loose your certificate you have to appear in test again.
I will strongly suggest you don't send any photocopies to Home Office and don't take any chances with your application, as if you will give them a chance to refuse your application by providing a photo copy, and if your application is refused means you have to go for appeal and you will waste loads of money and valuable time so just spend 35£s and bit of hardwork again.
Rest upto you

Kind regards

Seenan
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
14 years ago
I think it will be embarrassing for you to ask them for a copy of the test as it was clearly stated that second copy will not be provided. Off course you don't want to give them the impression that you did not understand the wording as the whole purpose of the test was that you understand English and can follow simple instructions.

rick.kiesel
10 years ago

I realize this is an old thread and most responses are to re-take the test. However since half of England is suffering from flood damage I wonder if the policy has changed?

Stated in this webpage:  www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test

"You won’t need to take the test again if you lose your letter."

But I don't see any guidance on how to proceed? Also I spoke with my local register office and was told I could obtain a digital copy from the Home Office. Any advice on how to request this would be greatly appreciated!

mrlookforward
10 years ago

I am baffled by the attitude and carelessness of the immigrants. How on earth they end up loosing important documents that could mean life and death. I personally have every single piece of paper with my immigration matter for past 16 years fully intact in hard copy as well as digital scans.

When making application, you can attach an explanation that you have lost you pass letter. You must also enclose original identification document used when you took your test. ie If you used a driving license, then it must be enclosed. 

If you want you can make a subject request to HO, and they will send copies of all the information they hold about you. This will include details of Life in the UK test pass. This subject access request will cost you £ 10. But you will have to be totally patient. It will typically take about 2 months before you get your subject access file.

regards

tangie
  • tangie
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
9 years ago

Yes, ring HO as the doc on the pass certificate say to call HO if you have lost your letter and they will guide you as to what to do next.

honeyz125tq@hotmail.com.1330535519
9 years ago

well i have done my life in uk test in may 2009.i passed it thank God.but unfortunately last week i was painting my room and yestreday when i was filling my form i found out that i have chucked my pass notification letter.i am stressed to the fullest now.i have a week left to apply and dont know wat to do.can i ring home office public enquiry and inform them about this and ask them if i can still apply and have this matter written in a cover letter as they do have the information about me passing the test sent to them electornically..or do i have to resit for another one(time left very less).

please anyone with information on this help me asap...