mrlookforward
12 years ago
You cannot apply for British passport as you are not a British Citizen. Having ILR does not entitle you ever to get a British passport.
Sponsor

vimal
  • vimal
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thank you for the reply. Sorry guess should have been more clear on that aspect. I am married to a british citizen and have been here for 4 years ....was in a spouse visa for 2 years and this Jan applied for my ILR so now i can apply for my British passport. as i qualify the residential period. (3 yrs if i am married to a british citizen)

But all i want to know is about the CRB checks since i got my ILR in Jan i should be clear right? i shouldnt face any problems in that respect am i correct in assuming that?

Thanks...please help its killing me
vimal
vimal
  • vimal
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Sorry i am not bumping this.But any one any idea?

mrlookforward
11 years ago
any idea about what?
what exactly is your query?
vimal
  • vimal
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi Mr Lookforward,

Thank you for showing interest 🙂.

Well basically my query (though might be stupid) is :

I got my ILR this Jan and i can apply for my British Passport. My query is if i had got my ILR they should have checked my criminal records etc right in jan? so if i apply for my british passport now i should be ok-provided i have not done any criminal activites from Jan to now? i am right in assuming this?

Thank You, would be great to get an answer just that i am a bit worried about a delayed payment i had. i got a credit report and there are no CCJ's in it. this payment issue was in 2007. Though my report says ok i am a bit worried.

Thanks again
vimal

mrlookforward
11 years ago
Delayed payment is not a conviction. Its simply a matter between you and whoever you owe money. A conviction is when a court pronounces you guilty. Do not worry about a missed payment, it has nothing to do with naturalisation. Just forget about it and apply as normal.

regards
simdick
10 years ago

Hi mr lookforward -

I'm a British Citizen and want to apply for a passport but have a criminal record, yes for possession of dagga. Really want to see my family again, will it be a major issue ? -

charles5480
10 years ago

what is dagga please?

vimal
  • vimal
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
10 years ago
Hi Guys,

i recently got my ILR (Jan 2012). And eligible for applying for my British passport. My query is with regards to CRB checks the HO will do. I mean; they should have checked all my records and made sure i was on the clear when i applied for the ILR right? so can i assume when i apply for my British passport on that front i should be ok? right? of course provided i have not done anything wrong after Jan 2012 (which i havent).:). 

Please clarify.

Thank you
vimalÂ