lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hello Everyone, 

could someone help please? My husband is French and he came in London in October 2006 after a few months I came here in april 2007 to live with him. We both were in Paris but I have a west African passport. The home office gave a 5 years resident card which expired in November 2012. I have applied for EEA4  before the expired  date and after 7 months of waiting they refused because lack of evidence of treaty right.

All these because my husband was in difficulty at work he quite his job in May 2010.we use to have a comprehensive health insurance but we stop in 2010.

I went to see a solicitor who say the best thing to do is to ask for British Nationality without having the Permanent Resident Card.

And that also has fell because of the health insurance i think.

1) Please, do anyone know if they can have  refuse a new application for EEA4 if I don't have the health insurance to cover the period my husband was a student?

2) could someone tell me if it is possible to apply for British Nationality without having a EEA4  I mean a PR card? ( I think my solicitor just took my money and lie to me all the time?)

3) how many months I have to make an appeal for EEA4 ? Because I have lost 4months on the British  Nationality side now.

a bing thank you for helping me.

Sponsor

mrlookforward
10 years ago

1) Please, do anyone know if they can have refuse a new application for EEA4 if I don't have the health insurance to cover the period my husband was a student?

Yes, they must refuse any application if eea national was a student and did not have health insurance. There is no way round it, no shortcuts.

2) could someone tell me if it is possible to apply for British Nationality without having a EEA4 I mean a PR card? ( I think my solicitor just took my money and lie to me all the time?)

It is possible to apply for British citizenship without PR card, but that is not the issue. The issue is, if someone is a student and does not have health insurance, then PR will not be granted and naturalisation will not be granted either.

3) how many months I have to make an appeal for EEA4 ? Because I have lost 4months on the British Nationality side now.

You cannot appeal now. Even when you had time to appeal, it would have been plain stupidity to appeal, as you would have lost the appeal one hundred percent.

I can assure you that your solicitor is either an idiot or he is on drugs or both. If a PR application fails, then naturalisation was bound to fail hundred percent. You solicitor deserves a shoe on his face.

regards