lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hi i am a south african married to a portuguese. I have a 5 year eea family permit.

It expies november 2014.

What documents can i send with my application for PR eea4 as i am the only working one. My husband works every now and then. He has mental health issues. But hardly ever works. 

I am self employed cleaner, we pay NI and I do self assessment tax returns.

Sponsor

mrlookforward
10 years ago

You can send your self employed tax returns, you bank statements. You must also submit proof that your husband had access to the money in your account. If you have joint account, it itself will prove he had access.

Now the most important bit. Because your husband is not working, so he can only claim to be exercising treaty rights by being self sufficient ie because you are working he is self sufficient. For exercising treaty rights as self sufficient, both the eea national and non-eea dependent must hold comprehensive sickness insurance. You will have to provide comprehensive sickness insurance policy documents going back to the day when your husband stopped working. If you have not held this insurance, then your and your husband's stay in UK has been illegal and this residence won't count for the grant of eea3/eea4 applications.

regards