mrlookforward
9 years ago

First of all, your option 3 is not an option. There is no such 7 years immigration route.

Did you take out fully comprehensive health insurance since you stopped working?

If you did, then your husband can continue to count his 5 years. If not, then his residence has been broken. He can apply for another eea1, but the whole story rests on that either you work, or if you do not work but your husband does, you need health insurance.

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply for my query, Mr. Lookforward. Much appreciated.

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi,

Well, I start with a belief  that I would definitely get a solution to our visa problem after seeing your help on this website.

I am a french national and my husband is Indian national. We got married in 2011. My husband was already working in the UK with his work permit when we got married. So I came to UK and started working from 2011. We thought that EU route is much easier and so my husband got EEA family permit for 5 years. He got his EU family member visa valid till 2016. Other information is, has been living and working in the UK for more that 7 years through his work permit. 

Mean while, I stopped working from 2013 september to till now to take care my son. I am looking for a job currently. 

My questions:

1. Can my husband still apply for the EEA4 even after I took a break from working for an year? 

2. If  applying for EEA4 is not a good solution, can we reapply for the EEA2 to extend the visa for another 5 years?

3. OR will it be a good solution to skip this EU route and apply PR for my husband through his stay in the UK for more than 7years?

Please suggest me a good solution for our difficult situation.  Also I am ready to provide further information if required. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,