lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

I just called the UK Visas and Immigration today and asked a similar question.  My visa was issued on 29 July 2012 and I arrived on the same date - 29 July 2014.  I was told by the UKVI that my earliest date to apply for the visa is 1 July (28 days before when the 2-year period to be completed - the date I entered the UK).   In your case, you should be able to apply your visa on 23 July.

I'm not sure why the solicitors telling you the wrong dates.... .... But if you are still not sure and want reassurance, you can call the UKVI office at  0300 123 2241, they can answer your question and quite helpful.

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

thanku so so much

that's the thing which I needed as I had a look on other websites aswell n its almost same as u said.

thanks again,i  will apply in july first week inshaALLAH

tangie
  • tangie
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
9 years ago

Hi there,

If your visa was granted under the old rules which was dated before July 9th' 2012 then you can apply for your ILR in mid September which will be 28 day before it expire. If you have any questions please visit our group page on Facebook called ILR. Cheers.

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

now that's what I mean

CONFUSING

it is under old rule but it also says to apply before my completion of 2 years...

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Hi, it's me again. I think the response from Tangie Gaynor is not correct.... personally I called the UKVI twice (one called in May and the 2nd call made few days ago. When I called the UKVI office, I particularly asked the 28 days calculation whether based on the entry date or visa expiry date. She confirm it's based on the entry date. So, that's why I can apply for ILR on 1 July as I entered to the UK on 29 July regardless my visa expiry date is 29 Oct.

In fact the guidance note of the application form SET(M) mentioned on the section 2 - One of the requirements is that you have complete 2 years' leave to enter or remain as the partner of the person named in your application . That period runs from 1) the date on which you entered the UK with a visa in the relevant category; or, if you did not enter the UK with such a visa, from 2)the date on which you were first granted leave to remain in the UK in the relevant category.

So, in your case, you should be able to apply for the ILR on 27 June. Again, if you want a definite answer, please call the UKVI office as long as you explain your situation clearly, they can tell you straight away when is your earliest date to apply. Hope these small pieces of information help you to set your mind at ease.

tangie
  • tangie
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
9 years ago

Everyone visa say that. You have to be in the country for two years, before you can apply. But the earilest you can apply is 28 days before your visa expires. Hope this help. join the group. ILR on Facebook.

Tangie

tangie
  • tangie
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
9 years ago

Granting leave to enter.

2.6. All passenger who have an entry clearance endosed :Spouse/CP" should be granted leave to enter for a period not exceeding 27 months on code 1 and adviced that, provided the marriage is still subsisting, they should apply to the UK Border Agency for Indefinite Leave to Remain not earlier than 28 day before they visa is due to expire.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data /file/287807/section1_1.pdf

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

I would still encourage her to phone UKVI directly as I think no one knows better than UKVI and this is also what I saw from other forum.

lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

hi

I did saw some related questions but just wanted to be accurate,

am on spouse visa,

issue date: 03/07/12

date of arrival to uk: 25/07/12

visa expiry: 03/10/14

now I have  two different theories from two solicitors.one said I have to apply after 16th of this month June 2014

n on other hand other one said to apply in September...

am so much confused n worried.plz I need a advice ASAP

thankyou n JAZAKALLAH