fr.will@zen.co.uk.1330535427
17 years ago

All unspent convictions must be declared on the application form, and an application is unlikely to succeed unless enough time ('clear' time) has passed between the conviction and the application to convince the home office that you have been restored to 'good character'. Page 24 of the Form AN Guidance gives a listing of rehabilitation times required for various convictions and circumstances. In your case (provided you have not received any other punishment beyond your driving ban, or been convicted on any other charges) you will reach your 'clear' time when your driving ban is done.

The notes on p. 24 state that the IND will likely be prepared to overlook a single minor traffic offence -- but they explicitly state (and quite rightly too) that drink driving is NOT a minor offence.

If I were you, I wouldn't apply till the driving ban is done. I don't think there's much chance your application would be approved, and you wouldn't want a rejection on your record if you decided to apply again later. Wait till you're in the clear.

Sponsor

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Was the disqualification the only penalty, or was there a fine as well? 
westeastcost@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

yes there was a fine as well as rehabilitation order.

I paid all the fines , i also have a letter from my probation officer state that i have reform , letter from university as well as from employer, they all state my good character.

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Thanks

The IND Nationality Instructions don't mention rehabilitation orders, but it seems to me - from a quick look - that you should leave it until two years after the fine was imposed, assuming the ban will be finished by then. If the ban was for longer, you should leave it until you are allowed to drive again. If you want to look at the Instructions on the character requirement, they're here -
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/documents/nichapter18/ch18annexd?view=Binary

paul

17 years ago
thanks for your time
17 years ago
Hi to all , I want to apply naturalazation but Im on driving ban for drink driving . How much will the ban effect my application? thanks