mrlookforward
10 years ago
You are confusing and mixing up two different things.

Either your wife should have worked for 5 years.

or

If only you were working (not your wife) then you should have had comprehensive sickness insurance.

Unfortunately there is no way of turning back the clock. It cannot happen that you get comprehensive sickness insurance now and UKBA counts your past residence (without sickness insurance) too.

You five year qualifying period to gain PR will start afresh from the date you buy comprehensive sickness insurance if its you who is working. If you wife works then comprehensive sickness insurance is not required.

While travelling back to UK, carry your original marriage certificate, and proof that you now has comprehensive sickness insurance.

regards
Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
Thank you very much MR lookforward for your useful advises.
Its looks like I can not apply for permanent residency for few years,even my wife start work now or buy comprehensive sickness insurance now because she had work in UK only two and half year.
If my wife start to work now or buy comprehensive sickness insurance now and after three month, can I apply for only NON-EEA family member residency permit?
or is there any other way that I could apply for PR or only residency card in December 2013 before my residency permit expires ?
 kind regards

mrlookforward
10 years ago
I think you did not read my reply carefully.
You cannot turn back the clock.

To qualify for PR

Either your wife has to work for 5 years, and you do not need comprehensive sickness insurance for this.

Or

You have to work for 5 years, and you and the whole family needs comprehsive sickness insurance.

If you do this continuously for 5 years, and have all the documents to prove it, then you will get PR.

You can make an EEA 2 application whenever you want, if your wife is working, or if you are working. Again.... if its you who is working, then comprehensive sickness insurance is required.

I cannot give any clearer advice then I already have. There are no secret or shortcut ways to get PR.

When your wife stopped working, you should have immediately enquired what would be requirements for the future. But like most immigrants, you kept your eyes closed and carried on with your life. Now at the last minute you want to find an easy way to get PR. Unfortunately there is no easy way now. Actually there is no way. You have to start a new 5 years residence period.

regards
lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
Sorry for confusing Mr Lookforward,
Now I Understand whole situation clearly . thanks again your clear advises .
regards
lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
I have non-eea family residency visa for 5 year until January 2014. my wife was working  2.5 year before our first child born. after that we have another child so she is not able to work any more for sometime. I am full time working and supporting my family expenses. 6 month ago I had applied for permanent residency card but they rejected my application due to reason of  my wife is not working at the movement and not having comprehensive sickness insurance. It is impossible to go back to work her due to the little baby at home.
In this case how can I applied for another application for PR? and another quation we all family have pre-booked holiday to abroad country in october/novenber 2013. Is this case, is there any possibilties that uk boarder officer make me problem to enter uk even I have visa until january 2014?
many thanks