marufahmed
11 years ago
Hi Khaled
My case is same as yours. The minimum income threshold is not for the applicants who had been on spouse visa before 9 July. So, no worries. 5 year probation period is also not for them. We can apply for ILR after 2 years of getting Spouse visa. I just filled out the form of ILR and found later on that the form had been modified on 13/12/2012. Check out before you apply.
Benefits will not affect the application if it is not received after false statement.
Best wishes
Maruf

Sponsor

khaledadda
11 years ago
hi Ahmed

Thank you for your reply
when are you gonna submit your application? what are the changes on the form?
please keep me update about the outcome of your ILR application , 
my wife is on receive of child and working tax credit and child benefit would that affect my application?
i still long time for my ILR but i just wanna make sure i am on the right truck!

did you take the life stile in the uk test? how is it? is it hard as i haven look at it yet so no idea about what to expect!

thanks brother

marufahmed
11 years ago
Hi Khaled
I will post my application tomorrow In-sha-Allah. My visa expires on 13th Jan 2013. So, I am applying 28 days before. You cannot apply more than 28 days before your visa expires. The latest revised form (13/12/2012) asks about your relatives in your native country and also the days you were out in last 2 years. If you are out for 6 months or more, you have to give details. I will certainly update you about the outcome of my application.
My wife is also receiving child benefit and child tax credit whereas I receive only working tax credit which is approved by law. So these won't affect the application.
I did not understand what you meant by 'i still long time for my ILR but i just wanna make sure i am on the right truck!'. Could you please explain?
I have taken the test and passed. I did a free course in 'Refugee and Migrant Centre'. You can check if this is available in your locality. The test is not hard. If you consult only a single book, that will help you pass the test. It is 'Life in the UK' by TSO. Check in local library or high street book stores. Visit:
http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1240167&trackid=002417
Best wishes
Maruf
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother
thanks you again for your reply
sorry i meant 'i still got long time to go before i apply for for my ILR , just wanna make sure i have all the info and requirement for the ILR wen the time came to it
my spouse visa is 27 months start from the 4/07/2012 and expired on 04/10/2014 so when i should apply for my ILR?

marufahmed
11 years ago
Walekum brother
You are welcome. You can apply 28 days before 04/07/2014. By this time, get the Life in the UK test done.
Take care.
Maruf
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother

thank you for the info

could you please tell what are all the document required for the ILR?
make sure you keep me update about your application. are you doing the same day application? or you gonna post it?

thanks
marufahmed
11 years ago
Dear brother
Assalam. Well, you first need to fill out the application perfectly. Then you need following documents:
1) Passport size photos, yours- 2 and partner's- 1.
2) Passports of your partner and your.
3) Biometric residence permit- Yours
4) Marriage certificate
5) Bank statements
6) Pay slips
7) Life in the UK test letter
8) 6 letters to you and your partner from 3 or more different sources in last 2 years.
9) Tenancy agreement
10) Bank savings statement
11) Tax credit letters
12) Work contract letters (your and your partners)

You may add more documents according to your circumstances.
I have just posted my application by Special delivery to Home office. I also included an envelope with special delivery stamps to get the documents back from the office.
I will surely update you about my application.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Maruf
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother

you say Biometric residence permit? i dont have that! all what i have is the spouse visa on my passport! how do i get that???
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother

you say Biometric residence permit? i dont have that! all what i have is the spouse visa on my passport! how do i get that???

Thanks

marufahmed
11 years ago
Hi Khaled
Home office introduced BRP instead of visa stamps on the passport 2 years ago. So, I have that one. If you don't have that, don't worry. They will inform you if you need one.
Best wishes
Maruf
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother

thanks for the info
did you submit your application for your ILR?
let me update for the outcome please 
best luck
marufahmed
11 years ago
Hi brother Khaled
Yeah I have submitted my application on 17th by post and received the acknowledgement letter today. I will update you once a decision is made on it.
Thanks and best wishes
Maruf
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother

inShaAllah you get good news soon

do you know how long it shuld take for them to process it?
can you send me the link of the new ILR application form thanks
marufahmed
11 years ago
Hello Brother
Thanks for your wish. The processing time may be as long as 6 months depending on the case. Here is the link for the applicants who have got their spouse visa before 8 July, 2012. The form is SET (M). Check the guide and the photo guidance page also.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/before9july/settlement/

Applying for settlement

You can apply for settlement as a husband, wife or civil partner if:

• you have completed a period of 2 years in the UK, with a visa or permission to remain here in this category;
  • you are still the husband, wife or civil partner of the person specified in your visa or permission to remain;
  • the marriage or civil partnership is existing and genuine (not a 'marriage of convenience', for example);
  • you and your partner both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or civil partners;
  • you have adequate accommodation where both of you and any dependants can live without needing public funds, and at least part of that accommodation (for example, a bedroom) is for your and your partner's sole use;
  • both of you can support yourselves and any dependants without needing public funds;
  • you meet the suitability requirement (if you made your application before 13 December 2012 you must not have had any unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974); and
  • you have enough knowledge of the English language and life in the UK. (You do not need to meet this last requirement if you are aged 65 or over.) You can find more information about this requirement on the Knowledge of language and life page.

You must apply using application form SET(M).

Best wishes
Maruf
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother

6 months! its long wait!

why you didnt use the same day servise! i know its extra £400 but it save you from the waiting time and stress!
inShaAllah you hear from them soon brother

khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother

any news about your ILR?

Best luck 
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother
 happy new year

i hope you doing ok

just wondering if you hear anyfink regarding your ILR  application yet?

regard
marufahmed
11 years ago
Hello brother Khaled
Happy New Year to you too. How are you? I am all right. No, I haven't heard from Home Office yet. In their last letter, they only acknowledged my application. In-sha-Allah I shall inform you whenever I get any news from them.
Thanks.
Maruf
marufahmed
11 years ago
Assalam brother Khaled
Alhamdulillah today I have got the letter from HO regarding Biometric details. I went to post office and submitted my Biometrics. The lady on the booth said I will get a response within 2/3 weeks.
I applied for ILR on 17/12/12 and got this letter just after 1 month.
Best wishes
Maruf
khaledadda
11 years ago
salam brother
thats very good news 🙂 inShaAllah you get your ILR soon.
sory i didnt understand (you went to post office to submit your biomitrics  The lady on the booth said I will get a response within 2/3 weeks.)
you mean the post office royal mail? and if so the lady who say you will get reply soon is she working at post office? but thats nofink to do wiv homeoffice how can she tell you you get reply soon its down to homeoffice !
and the biomitrics you have sent is it your beomitrics card? wer do you get that? i havent got that!

thanks