paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
If you have ILR, you're regarded as a permanent UK resident, and I don't think it really matters to UK immigration authorities who you are working for - or indeed whether you are working at all. You only lose ILR if you leave UK for more than two years, and I really don't think you will have any problems in coming back early next year.

I think you might like to consider taking professional advice as to your obligations to this employer - in particular whether you are contractually bound to return to your home country to serve out your notice, if that isn't what you want to do. (I note your use of the word "forces"...)

paul

Sponsor

prabhakar.appana@yahoo.com.1330535428
17 years ago
Thanks a lot Paul for quick and prompt reply. I am relieved now.
prabhakar.appana@yahoo.com.1330535428
17 years ago

Hi,

I am an IT engineer and working in UK for the past 5 years for a company. Myself and my wife (as dependant) got ILR through this company on 31-March-2006 . I am joining another company in UK on March2007. My current company policy forces me to get back to home country and submit the resignation by serving notice period of 2 months. I am moving to my home country in December to submit my resignation and serve the notice period.

Will there be any problem when I get back to UK at port of entry? Will there be any questions as I will no longer be working for a company through which I got my ILR? Do I need to carry any specific document? Can someone please advice?

Thanks a lot in advance.

AP