annah2010@hotmail.com.1396729472
16 years ago
I just passed my test and want to know about how long does it take to get the naturalization after I bring the application to the immigration ? and how long after the naturalization do I allow to get a british passport? Do I get the invitation for ceremony after the naturalization? I was surprise to know that I have to start all the process about the naturalization after 1 year of getting the indefinite leave remain but I saw somewhere in the internet that I can start 11 months after the indefinite leave.  What kind of person should I choose to be my referee, is housewife ok ? if I choose a GP I am not sure that they will know me as much as close friend so can someone advise me please.
Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago
You have to make sure that by the time the Nationality Office receive your application, your definite leave to remain has been exactly 1 year, otherwise they will return your application. All application vary on the amount of work they have at the time, on your circumstances, how quickly the checks are passed etc. You should allow at least 3 months, but you could always call the Nationality Advice Line and they can update you on your application. With regards to referees, both have to hold british passport and know you for at least 3 years. One can be a friend, but the other must be a professional. If you have a close friend who is a professional, then ask them to complete the form for you, would be better than a GP who you only rarely see. Hope this helps.