m.amir@soton.ac.uk.1307786909
15 years ago
I dont think there is any written documentation which states that you can apply within 12 months or soon after you are granted ILR. Unless there are exceptional cases which I am not aware of. I think it would be good if you wait for 12 months before applying, better be safe than sorry!
Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
15 years ago
If you are not married to a British National then you must have ILR for 1 year before you can apply for Naturalization. You do have a choice of applying 28 days before your 12 months are up so in fact it is only 11 month. But actual time is counted when 12 months are completed. This is because they assume that they will need more then a month time to process the application. If you apply anytime before that, they have the option to reject application and keep the fee but I have not seen a case where they keep the fee. They have rejected applications before by just sending a letter stating that you have applied early.

This is all documented on UKBA site. People do have different understanding a sit is complicated. Best thing is to always check with an advisor or a solicitor.

BTW: if you are married to a British National then you dont have to wait to have ILR for 12 months.
Hossein.Salari@gifford.uk.com.1224110403
15 years ago

Dear Sir/Madam

I am living and working in uk since 2000, I got my ILR couple moths ago in 2008.

I have been advised by lots of my friends it is possible to go for naturalization now.

How important is to wait 12 months before apply?

Is anyone applies before 12 months and approved?

Appreciate your kind advice.

Kindest regards,

zafarmps@yahoo.com.1330535433
15 years ago
In short ... Unless you are married to BRITISH CITIZEN (Even with that you have to live at least one year in the country bearing ILR and then only you can apply for NATURALISATION)

In all other cases you can't apply exactly after 12 months having ILR. There is no other situation you can get NATURALISED after one year of ILR.

For further details you can check HOMEOFFICE website.