mrlookforward
10 years ago
Was your case straightforward or any kind of complications? Like patchy proofs of you spouse exercising treaty rights etc. Does not mean that UKBA should take more than 6 months though.

First of all, I think you might have to put back your holidays.
There is actually no point ringing UKBA. You can do it yourselves, but I think you might be better off asking a OISC advisor who has experience dealing with eea cases to write them a firm letter and ask them to reply by a certain date. Do mention that UKBA is obliged to make a decision in your case within six months. Also tell them that you will make a complaint to solvit if they do not decide your case by such and such date.

If this does not work, then you can make a complaint to solvit. When making a complaint, give them enough details, like ref numbers etc, date application made, date you sent them letters, date your MP contacted UKBA etc etc.

http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/index_en.htm

regards

Sponsor

sylwiawaw
10 years ago
Dear Sir, 

Immigration Officers should refrain from provision of immigration advice.
If you leave the country, you will abandon your application.
I would strongly advise you to re-submit your passport and then write a formal complaint to neyhcustomers@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

You should also mention in your complaint (following the advice before) that if no action is taken you would not hesitate to contact solvit.

You can then recover any financial losses incurred in connection to delays through civil litigation.

Regards,

Sylwia Wawrzynczak
On behalf of ILAS (LLP)

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
I am not in any position to go to court over this.

I got an email from the Home Office this morning saying it should take 2 weeks. There were no problems with my application, everything was filled in correctly and I have not been updated about any issues with it.

The advice I have been given is when I come back to the UK from my holiday, to have with me my wife, proof of her workers registration and proof that she has exercised the treaty obligations, and my old visas to prove I have been resident in the UK. This advice was from UKBA. As they cannot prevent me from leaving the country, I hope I will not have any issue coming back in.

If the Home Office requests me to send my passport back to affix a visa to it, how long does this usually take? Cam I do this in person?

Regards

C
mrlookforward
10 years ago
What UKBA have told you about re-entering UK is correct. If you have all those proofs with you in original, you will have no problems re-entering UK.

I think UKBA will not ask your passport back, they will issue you the residence card in a little holder. You cannot go and get this done in person. If you want to get your residence card pasted in your passport, then you can send your passport to UKBA now, but keep in mind, this might create more endless waiting time, and there is no procedure to quicken the procedure.

Now, the most important bit about you re-entering UK without residence permit. What is your nationality?
lifeintheuktest
10 years ago
Hi all. I sent off my EEA4 forms on the 15th September 2012 - yep, 8 months ago.

I got my COA and that was the last I heard of them. The COA said that the application would take no longer than 6 months in any instance.

So it's now 2 months late and I have heard nothing. I have called and spoken to people who cannot tell me anything at the call centre. I have spoken to their team leaders who cannot do anything. I have written to the case worker team a month ago and received no reply. I have asked my MP to chase it and he has tried twice and no response.

I asked for my passport back and got it back. But it's empty (of course).

What can I do?  12 months ago I asked UKBA if I should book a holiday and they said yes, as there would be no way possible my application would take longer than 6 months.  I am going on holiday July 3rd. 

I would appreciate any help to whom I can contact to get this hurried up. I am so angry.   Thank you 🙂