Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : 27 January 2014 14:15:35(UTC)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 01/09/2018(UTC)
Posts: 0

Hi i am a south african married to a portuguese. I have a 5 year eea family permit.

It expies november 2014.

What documents can i send with my application for PR eea4 as i am the only working one. My husband works every now and then. He has mental health issues. But hardly ever works. 

I am self employed cleaner, we pay NI and I do self assessment tax returns.




#2 Posted : 27 January 2014 14:15:35(UTC)

Rank: Guest

Joined: 01/01/1970(UTC)
Posts: 0

You can send your self employed tax returns, you bank statements. You must also submit proof that your husband had access to the money in your account. If you have joint account, it itself will prove he had access.

Now the most important bit. Because your husband is not working, so he can only claim to be exercising treaty rights by being self sufficient ie because you are working he is self sufficient. For exercising treaty rights as self sufficient, both the eea national and non-eea dependent must hold comprehensive sickness insurance. You will have to provide comprehensive sickness insurance policy documents going back to the day when your husband stopped working. If you have not held this insurance, then your and your husband's stay in UK has been illegal and this residence won't count for the grant of eea3/eea4 applications.




Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
EEA4 Application - Missing documents to prove residency (Immigration Issues and Advice)
by londoncalling 01/08/2012 16:46:58(UTC)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.