lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hi,

I've been working on Tier 2 Partner visa.  We have a newly born child, my wife is in maternity and won't be able to get back far to the city she's been working after her maternity ends.  So, the current sponsor (NHS) won't sponsor her to move to a local hospital.  I have requested my employer to issue me a COS to switch from Tier 2 Partner to Tier 2 (General).  It has to be apparently from out of the UK from my home country.

1) UKBA requires financial maintenance evidence of £900 for myself, £600 for the child and £600 for my wife for 90 days.  I have maintained £1700 in my account (which can cover myself and the child) and my wife has maintained over £600 in her account.  I read the UKBA rules that the dependent's maintenance should be either in the applicant's account or the dependent's account.  Does it suffice if we present my account for myself and our child and my wife's account for her application?

2) A friend told me that we should not leave the UK in a way that we've got to return to the UK within three months of the expiry date otherwise, visa won't be granted.  But I couldn't find it within the rules and regulations.  Is there such a rule there in the book?

Thanks very much in advance,

Bez

Sponsor