lifeintheuktest
9 years ago

Do EEA nationals still need to be registered for Working Registration Scheme (WRS) when applying for  British naturalisation?

I am Lithuanian national living in the UK for more than 10 years. I recently applied and granted my PR (Permanent Residency Card). Yesterday I met advisor who checked my application and documents for naturalisation in Nationality Checking Service . I was sure I have everything needed for naturalisation, as I already got my Residency Card on the base that I exercise my Treaty Rights in the UK for last 7 years. Unfortunately, the advisor told me that my application would be rejected as I am not registered for Working Registration Scheme ( Although to my knowledge,  A8 sector countries such as Lithuania are waved for WRS since 2011) . So he suggested to find part or full- time job, and then register myself to the WRS and apply again after 12 months! Currently I am self-employed.

Do I have to register for WRS and wait another 12 months in order to apply for naturalisation although I have PR and EEA national living and working in UK more than 7 years?

Sponsor