mrlookforward
12 years ago
Rather than asking a general question, answering which will entail writing the whole immmigration law/regualtions, please ask specific questions about your situation and give you full immigration history. Proably then a reasonable advice could be given.

regards
Sponsor

vali
  • vali
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
This is what I would like to know.
As a family member of EEA after 5 years resident by law you will automatically get permanent resident which is valid for 10 years.
Can you apply for naturalisation after 12 months without applying for permanent resident (form EEA4)???????
Thanks
Regards
mrlookforward
12 years ago
Yes, you can. As a EEA national or family member of EEA national you will gain PR (equivalent to ILR) after 5 years and 12 months after that ie total 6 years, you can apply for naturalisation without applying for EEA4. You will have to submit all the documents showing that you gained PR as a result of exercising treaty rights.

Let me make it clear that people who are not EEA nationals or family members of EEA nationals should not think that they also somehow gain PR (permanent residence) after a certain period of staying in UK. EEA nationals are judged against eea regs and rest all of the people are judged according to domestic immigration law.

regards
vali
  • vali
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thank you for your reply.
Can you please tell me which document do I need to submit????In the form is for the last 5 years or do I need for 6 years???
Regards

memeduk
12 years ago
Hello VS,
please read my wife success application for British citizenship:
Everything we did was based on UK and EEA immigration laws. All
was in order and application for British Citizenship was successful:

http://www.lifeintheuk.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=764610

In your case, if your EEA spouse is not British yet, then you still need to
wait 12 month after you gain automatic PR status. After 6 years from
the first entry into UK with EEA family permit, you can apply for British
Citizenship. You though need to provide for at least 6 years prove that
your spouse has exercised the EEA treaty right here in the UK (working
in the UK during that 6 years).

Note: that URL that I posted in the forum gives you a good idea what
you need to do.

Good luck

Mohammed
sylwiawaw
12 years ago

I respectfully disagree, provisions for permanent residence card can also be found in an eea regulations and non eea national in order to qualify must show residence in the UK with an eea national and according to those regulations. 

Sylwia Wawrzynczak

On behalf of ILAS (LLP)

Immigration and Legal Advisory Services ILAS (LLP)

Suite 4, Nelson House,

341 Lea Bridge Road

Leyton,

London

E10 7LA

tel: 020 8539 6611

ilas@btconnect.com

www.ilas.org.uk

mrlookforward
12 years ago
I agree with mohammed ali. But I would say that if you have clocked 5 years, apply for eea4, doesn't cost anything. Once you have eea4, then a year after that when you apply for naturalisation you do not have to submit documents for exercising treaty rights again.

But again, applying for naturalisation after 5+1=6 years is fine too.
vali
  • vali
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
Dear Mohammed

I have red carefully your info including the link.
As non-EEA family member,I arrived in UK with 6 month EEA family permit.After that I have been issued 5 years EEA family permit.

My question is: To apply for naturalisation does the 6 month family permit counts + 5 years family permit and 6 months wait or 5 years permit + 12 months wait and then apply for naturalisation?????????

Regards
VS
mrlookforward
12 years ago
You have to count 6 years from the date you entered UK first time on 6 months family permit. Once again, you have to count 6 years from date of entry into UK and not 6 years from issue of initial family permit.
memeduk
12 years ago
Yes, mr lookforward is 100% correct.
6 years counts from the first date you entered the UK via the 6-month
family permit (entry stamp in your passport).
But what is most important is that for the first 5 years, you must prove
that your EEA partner was exercising the EEA treaty in the UK
(working) and that you where together during that time. After 5 years,
you get an automatic PR. Then after another 1 year (Total 6) you can
apply for the British Citizenship.

Good luck
vali
  • vali
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
Dear Mr Mohammed and Mr lookforward
Thank you for your reply.
chillios
12 years ago
Hi ,this might sound crazy , but ,i am here 7 years ,date form arrival in the UK,2004 Sept,
My 5 year resident card is coming up to expire ,do i apply for neutralization or permanent residence,
Well do i need a visa to travel from UK to any other European countries,

Many thanks for you support/reply
mrlookforward
12 years ago
Your query has already been very clearly answered.
sylwiawaw
12 years ago

Dear Sir,

You need to obtain settled status prior to your application for naturalisation.

Immigration and Legal Advisory Services ILAS (LLP) is an immigration firm based in London offering services such as legal advice and representations to UKBA and Tribunals.

Should you need professional assistance or advice at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We can assist with entry to the UK, extension of stay, permanent residency, regularization of stay and citizenship. We also have an extensive experience in removal and deportation cases and can request for administrative review/reconsideration of decisions, appeals, process applications outside of the rules based on compassionate ground and offer assistance to those in detention.

Our devoted and fully qualified team of in-house lawyers and ex immigration officers, experienced caseworkers and advocates caters for corporate and private immigration applicants and appellants both in the United Kingdom and worldwide.

Please visit our website at www.ilas.org.uk for detailed information about our services.

You may also ring us on (44) (0) 208 539 6611 or alternatively email us on info@ilas.org.uk or ilas@btconnect.com.

Kind regards, 

Sylwia Wawrzynczak                                                                                                          

ILAS (LLP) 

Nelson House

341 Lea Bridge Road

London

E10 7LA

sak803
  • sak803
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Hi VS,
Could you tell me how did you answer the questions 2.4 -2.6 in the AN form please ?

Thanks
mrlookforward
12 years ago
You answer them by writing with a pen that has black ink.
sak803
  • sak803
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
12 years ago
Sorry, My question was not clear.
2.4 Please state on what basis you were here for the last six years.Whose details required in this column eea or non eea.

2.5 Here it is clear that eea's exercising treaty right has to be written
But whose detail need to be filled on 2.4.

2.6 ?

I got PR sticker on my passport (applied using EEA4), but I do not want to wait 12 months from the date I received and would like to apply based on EU route

Many thanks
mrlookforward
12 years ago
Please read 2.4 again. What you are asking is mentioned in plain simple english. "You" means you, no one else.
mmrubel
11 years ago
Hi, Although I got divorce with my wife who was EEA national I have got the permanent residence permit in November 2011 as I lived with her almost 5 years. Now, I am entitle to apply for British citizenship after 12 months which is Nov'12. Could you please tell me what are the requirement for my application? Do I need to sit for the 'Life in The UK exam? It will be very helpful if you answer my question..
Thanks
Mohammad
mrlookforward
11 years ago
Yes, you need to pass LiUK test. The requirements for naturalisation are simple.
No more than 450 days absence in 5 years before application, no more than 90 days absence in 1 year before application. No unspent convictions. You need to fill up form, arrange to pay for the fees and the best way to apply is through your local nationality checking service.

regards