mrlookforward
11 years ago
haha, that is the first one I have ever heard.
She can have a dozen British babies, and can have a phd in english language, but she will still need to take the test.The test is not an english test, it is Life in the UK Test.

Sponsor

josias670
11 years ago
Well the baby aint a british baby unless the mother is british. Weather born in the uk or not. The child get the nationality of the mother. So cant see why she wouldnt have to take the test. Hope this help. Anyways it easy just read the book.
mrlookforward
11 years ago
Who says that mother has to be British for the baby to be British?
Child born in UK who's either parent is either British citizen or a foreign citizen with settled status in UK, is a British citizen by birth.
This however has no effect whatsoever on the requirement of KoL test.

regards
josias670
11 years ago

Sorry me wrong. Section 3.1

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/children/britishcitizen/borninuk/

Didnt realise if you are maried your child will be british. section 3.1 As my both my sisters children were born in the uk and are on south african passports and the father is british. So if they were maried the children would of been British.

This only came in to action in 2006. Didnt mean to mislead you. hope you got your answer.

This stuff is confusing lol

josias670
11 years ago

Does that mean if a parent got ilr the baby is british? This confusing me cuz my friend got a baby with a polish girl. He is british and she live here. Not married. and he cant get a british passport for his son. But he is british. And she is in the eu. He was told 5 years or somthing like that before. this dont make no sense to me.

mrlookforward
11 years ago
If at the time of Birth in UK, either the mother or father of child is a British Citizen or has settled status in UK (ie ILR or PR) then the child is automatically British. Its simply a case of applying for the passport. All that is needed is a Birth certificate of child and parents passport. Its not rocket science.

regards
josias670
11 years ago

thats good to know. Thanks for the info

beatriz77
  • beatriz77
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi, I am a British Citizen married to a colombian. She will be applying for ILR next year after 2 years in this country. She is due to have our baby this month and she thinks she doesnt need to take this test as she is the mother of a uk baby.. does anyone know if this is true?
thank you