redsquirrel
11 years ago
The last official announcement said 'autumn 2012'. Autumn technically starts from 22nd September so potentially any time from next week. If anyone has any more ideas or information I'd love to hear it too.
Sponsor

waseem3761
11 years ago
I have heard that they are going to change Life in the UK Test or making it more difficult to pass and learn is that true?

redsquirrel
11 years ago

Hi Waseem,

It is true, yes. The last announcement from the government was that it would be launched in Autumn 2012 so it could be any time now.

There's some more information on the press release sent out at the time here -  http://lifeintheuk.net/index.php/news/what_to_expect_from_the_new_citizenship_test/ and here - http://lifeintheuk.net/index.php/news/british_history_is_now_at_the_heart_of_the_citizenship_test/

George

www.lifeintheuk.net

matyana
11 years ago
yes, they are planning to change (i think) since last year. I was told by test centre lady that the rules were supposed to be implemented by 3rd Sep 12 but they have been now delayed for an unkown period. So i think, they can be introduced at any time soon. It will be wise to sit for Life in UK test ASAP to avoid facing such changes. As far as i know, the test result is valid for ever.
redsquirrel
11 years ago
That's really interesting to hear - so the test centre staff are being kept up to date on the launch by the UKBA?

As for the test result, the UKBA have said nothing at all on this so yes, a pass now should still count as a pass after the new test is launched. As long as you don't lose your pass letter that is.
matyana
11 years ago
to be very honest, it doesn't really sound true. As in if such information was made available to the test centre staff then it should have been out in public so far. Anyway that's what I was being told.
redsquirrel
11 years ago
Maybe, maybe not. Last time they updated the test there was a transitional period of a few months so it is possible that they'll drop the new version with relatively short notice. The main thing the UKBA will be concerned about is giving retailers enough time to order stock.

That way the UKBA will be ready, applicants will have access to study materials for both versions and independent operators will just have to catch up. I may be being cynical with that, of course - only time will tell.
naw
  • naw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Thanks to all your replies. Last week I went to London and asked one of the bookstores there if they already got the book of the new life in the uk test. They didn't even know that the old one will be replaced by a new one soon. And they haven't got it. So I think you're all correct, it's not yet ready to be launched as how can you take a test about the new life in the uk test if you haven't got the book. How can you revise?... Wish me luck guys as I'm gonna take my test on the 27th, this coming thursday. Thanks again.
waseem3761
11 years ago
Wish me good luck as i am also taking my test on this 27th Thursday. 
naw
  • naw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
I passed the test this afternoon 🙂 thanks to this site as the practice test here helped me alot also.
waseem3761
11 years ago
I passed my test yesterday thank you very much.. Keep up the good work. Now at least i can focus on my work rather than preparing these questions.. :)

Cheers
naw
  • naw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
11 years ago
Hi. Does anyone here knows when will the New Life In The Uk Test be launched? Thanks.