sylwiawaw
11 years ago
Dear Sir,

There is no provision for transfer of conditions under EU law so any new application will be subjected to a normal consideration process.

Kind Regards,

Sylwia Wawrzynczak
ILAS (LLP)
Sponsor

cherry
  • cherry
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
11 years ago

Hi Sylwia,

I’ve been trying to find information on UKborder Agency website but the more I’m looking the more confused I’d became. I’d much appreciate if you could give some advice on the matter I am having.

I am a non-EEA national who lives in the UK since 02/07/2005.

I came here with a student visa which was required for my studies.

I’ve been living together with an EU national as boyfriend and girlfriend since 03/2008 (which I am able to prove with our utility bills).

We got married in 01/02/2010 and I’ve been issued with an EEA family permit on the 18/02/2010. Then I’ve received my EEA2 Residence Card 25/08/2011 which is valid from 25/08/2010 and it’s issued for 5 years.

I’ve been a house wife since 09/2010 so my family permit is depending on my husband.

I was wondering under EU law when can I apply for British Citizenship?

Is it 5 years from the time we’ve been living together?

Is it 5 years from time we’ve got married?

Or is it 5 years from the time I’ve been issued with the residence card?

(This residence card by the way had gone when I got mugged in Barcelona in 08/2011. The one I’ve hold is a replacement permit and it’s valid from 14/09/2011)

There’s another thing as well. My husband has got his Permanent residence status since 11/01/2011and he became a British Citizen on the 22/10/2012. (The issue date of the Certificate is the 15/11/2012). So now because of his dual nationality I could become a British Citizen under British law as well.

So the question is,

Is it 2 years from the date he has been issued with his PR?

Is it 2 years from the date he became a British Citizen?

Or has the law changed from 2 years to 5 years this year?

And if it wasn’t enough now I don’t know if I have to apply for a different permit because he became British?

Thank you very much for the time you spent reading my letter. Any advice is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

lifeintheuktest
11 years ago
Hi Guys,

Anyone in that situation?

I know that we need to reapply for EEA2 but we are wondering how long its gonna take them to issue a replacement.

We are sending a copy of the Residence Card and all past information we received from UKBA.

Cheers,