mrlookforward
10 years ago
you can pass the test anytime you want. also please note now you need KOLL. It includes life in the UK test and , and a cefr b1 level qualification. B1 level is pretty easy. you basically go and sit with an examiner for about 15 minutes, and examiner talks to you like "How are you doing?" "where do your parents live?""do you live in a house or flat?" etc etc. This is to just test that you can understand and speak basic english. you will have no difficulty passing this without any preparation.
Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hello and many thanks for your advice. It's most helpful as I've searched numerous websites and could not find any answer. Even the Citizen Advice Bureau could not help me there, mind you it's not exactly the area they specialize in but I hoped that it would not be so difficult for them to find out for me.  Reference the  so called B1 qualification, on UKBA's website they say that any equivalent to B1 is acceptable. I have got  an EDEXCEL BTEC Level 2 Award in Team Leading as well as OCR Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service. Would you happen to know if I could use one of them as an equivalent? It could save me time and money.

Many thanks in advance.

mrlookforward
10 years ago
Nowhere does UKBA say that any B1 qualification will do. On their website, there is a complete list of the qualifications that are acceptable. Have a look carefully and find out if the qualification you have is in that list.
lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hello and thank you for a prompt reply. Yes, you're quite right there, I have now had a more careful look at UKBA's website and alas it looks like that I need to pass that 15 minute exam as the minimum qualification taught in English which they accept is a Bachelor degree. Many thanks for your help once again.

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hello,

Please can someone tell me if I have a right to pass the Life in the UK test if I have only resided in the UK for a full period of 4 years. I know that I can not apply for a citizenship util I have lived here for 5 years, but I'd like to know if I am allowed to pass the test now or whether I need to wait one more year before I can do so.