mrlookforward
10 years ago

Rather than bombarding you with all the legal information about EEA Regulations and Nationality law, I would give you some honest straightforward reply.

Forget about July 2014, just apply exactly twelve months after the date on your PR sticker. This way, you will not have to send any previous treaty right exercising proofs again. All you will need is your passport, and KoLL. (and offcourse form and photos and fees etc). You can totally ignore the EEA citizen treaty rights section on form AN.

If you apply before October 2014 (even if you qualify) you will have to again go through the drama of providing everything all over again. Seems stupid, but that is the procedure.

Its better to apply 3 months later in October, when the application will be very easy and straightforward, and will be decided very quickly.

regards

Sponsor

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Many thanks for your reply. 

Once again, very concise and clear!!

just one last question. 

When do I sit the Life in the UK test?

many thanks

mrlookforward
10 years ago

Whenever you want. The test does not expire. You also need to either show or pass a English B1 cefr level qualification in speaking and listening. You need to submit both test passes at the time of your naturalisation application. Try searching UKBA website. All the info is there. If you do not understand something, ask me. Search my other posts on this forum. I have already given comprehensive advice on the subject to other people.

regards

lifeintheuktest
10 years ago

Hello Everyone

I'm a Hungarian national,

I arrived in the UK in July 2008, started looking for jobs in the NHS. (attended interviews etc.)

In October 2008 I started my first job in the NHS, and have been employed in the NHS ever since.

In October 2008 I was registered with the WRS and received the documents dated NOVEMBER 2008.

Since looking for jobs is EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS, I calculate my 5 years of Permanent Residence to have started in JULY 2008.

I applied for EEA3 in October 2013, and 3 weeks later I received the PR document dated 22 November 2013, but there was NO MENTION of when have my 5 years started in the home office papers?

The reason I need to know is WHEN TO APPLY FOR NATURALISATION?

JULY 2014?

or

OCTOBER 2014?

I wrote to the home office, but received no replies?

I hope some one can enlighten me?

Many thanks