malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
18 years ago

Hi Ria:

If your offence is by a fixed penalty then you do not have to give detail. If your penalty is by the order of the court or you have to go to the court then you will need to give details. I will paste the relevant section for your understanding. Drink Driving Offence must be detailed.  you need to read the section 4.6 of Citizenship application. I will give you the URL and you can read it your self. Home office puts you in a position where they can refuse you on many grounds but they might not.  I guess they want to leave their options open. 

Here is a URL for Citizenship Application Instruction : http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/applying/british_nationality/application_forms.Maincontent.0004.file.tmp/Form%20AN%20New.pdf

Here is the text portion on Page 22 of the Instructions:

"You must give details of all criminal convictions. These include road traffic offences, but not fixed penalty notices which have not been given in a court. Fixed penalty notices include parking and speeding offences. Drink driving offences must be declared."

Sponsor

riaarora@hotmail.co.uk.1330535425
18 years ago

first of all thanks for sending me this information and another thing i want to ask you that i was driving my friend car and the speed limit was 30 and i was driving on 36 and my friend got police letter and he is going to give my detail to the police i dont know what will happen next will i be called to the court and another thing idont have even car insuranc i am very scared if i will get nationality or not

thanks for taking the time to read it.

regards

Ria

kuldeepsmann@yahoo.com.1330535425
18 years ago

Ria

It wont matter if you have points BUT it will matter if you have been convicted and you dont disclose the information.

regards

Kuldeep

18 years ago
thanks for sending me message about traffic offence on 13 march
hshweta@tiscali.co.uk.1330535425
18 years ago

I came across the following article which is of some interest and probably clarifies the position about minor offences.

Foreign killers and rapists can gain British passports

all the best,

surendra

18 years ago

hi everyone, can anybody help me? if i have points on my provisional license will i have problems to get nationalty?