kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

I cannot see how you would have got ILR after only one year of marriage or two years as a student. Am I missing something?

But besides that, you need to be naturalised (get citizenship) before you can apply for a passport.

Help me  Ppron!

Sponsor

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Fear not, fair Mrs G......

I'm not sure when the rules changed, but the "probationary period" for spouses of BCs was one year until only a few years ago.

SHIRLEY: As you have been in UK for more than five years, and you've had ILR for more than one year, I think you are qualified to apply for naturalisation (after passing the Life in UK test, of course).

Download Guide and Form AN(NEW) from here http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/formsandguidance/

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

Aaaah ha!

My foray into the world of immigration is recent so I am not aware of past HO rules.

I knew you would come to a damsels rescue. Not mine, Shirley's!

Thanks Ppron

sunflower8872@hotmail.com.1167027808
17 years ago
thanks for your reply, sorry typing mistake, i got ILR in 2003. friends told me that the one year holding students visa not account for the 5 years requirement, do you have any idea? thanks.
17 years ago
many thanks for your reply. friends told me that the year i was student was not accounted in the 5 years calculation. do you have any idea on this? many thanks.
paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

I'm pleased to say your friends are wrong, Shirley. The rules are different when you are applying for ILR but, so far as a naturalisation application is concerned, it doesn't matter why you were here - so long as you were legal, of course!!smile
17 years ago
i came to UK as student in Sep.2000, and got married in Aug. 2001 and got ILR in Oct. 2002, but got divorce in 2004. I have permentant job in London. I am wondering if I am qualified to apply British Passport.
malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
I came here in 2001 and my probationary period was ONE year. Two years must be started after 2001.