malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

Assuming you never worked and always a housewife, your tax office will be the same as your husbands and you are a housewife. you can also callyourself as Home Maker if you want to get technical and politically correct.

They will not refuse you citizenship if you are not employed. Just wrote exactly what you have been doing. I am sure others will also advice you  as this was just my opinion.

Sponsor

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

Hi again, Try this link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/enq/main.htm

use the links within to help you find your tax office.

Try this one http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individuals/index.htm

I presume you have a national insurance number.Have you ever been in employment? It can also be found on the top of your working tax credit annual notices beside your name.

Your tax office isn't always where you'd expect it to be. Mine is three hundred miles away from my home.

Best wishes

machalo98@yahoo.co.uk.1201035648
17 years ago

Hi, thanks for your advice. I have never worked, got national insurance number for child tax credit purposes, my husband has a tax office and ref number. Can I use my husbands tax office? I'm  a house wife looking after kids.

Thanks.

17 years ago

As Mr Malik said earlier, it is probably the same as your husbands , but it is always best to check by telephone. Write down the Tax office address rather than the reference number as the reference number on your husbands payslip/P60 is his unique PAYE number. Only the first three digits before the slash /  identify the Tax office location. If you have your husbands Tax reference number then click on this link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/local/individuals/index.htm

where it shows you, enter the three FIRST numbers before the / into the box and click search. the results will be shown below. It will usually just be the Name of the Tax office but if you click on it , it will take you to another page where it shows the full address.

It also shows the telephone number for that area so you could if you want to, telephone them, give them your national insurance number and ask them to verify your Tax office address

Let me know if you manage it okay!

Margaret-ann

17 years ago

Hi,

I called my husbands tax office and was adviced that if i have never worked then I don't pay tax  so i don't have a tax office or ref. no. I'm a housewife who has been unemployed since i came to the UK three years ago, I get child benefit and child tax. I'm so confused, can i leave that question about  tax office and just send my application through NCS?

Thanks,

Mary

17 years ago

Hello Mary

I knew you wouldn't have a tax reference number as you have never  worked.That's why I said not to put your husbands in, just incase you did by mistake

4.1 Answer Housewife or homemaker, whichever you prefer.

4.2 to 4.5 blank but you could write in 4.5 "see page 14" and on page 14 simply say that you have never worked and the Inland Revenue have told you that you don't have a tax office.

Your National Insurance number, make sure you insert that on 1.9. They will be able to check your history from that alone

The only reason they want to research your  background is for good character and to check that you aren't trying to fiddle the government of income tax etc. Which you aren't of course. many women or men do not have employment but are homemakers and look after their children, it will not be held against you.

Don't worry.

Looks like you are home free now, any other problems with filling in your application don't hesitate to ask.

Margaret-ann

Anyone else got any input on this one?

17 years ago

Thanks for your advice, I'll do exactly as you've suggested then hopefuly send my application next week. I have filled in the form including my national insurance number and all the relevant questions asked on the form. I'll update everyone of the outcome.

Regards,

Mary

17 years ago

Hi, does someone unemployed/ housewife has a tax office? I receive child tax credit and working tax as a family(my husband works).