paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I don't know - I've looked at your previous posts, and all of them seem to have been about the test. None give any detail about your circumstances - married to a British citizen? Date of arrival in UK? Have you been in UK illegally at any time? Fill in some of the blanks, and it might be possible to answer the question... smile
Sponsor

tkammyus@yahoo.com.1330535426
17 years ago

I have been in UK for 5yrs and 7 months, under EEC self employment / limited company, I am Romanian National married with a Commonwelth also PR same time with me.

Thanks for taking the time to answer

Camelia

17 years ago
March next year it is, then, Camelia - as you're not married to a British citizen, you need to be free of time limits on your stay for 12 months before applying for naturalisation. .
17 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhh.... My passport expiring in Nov, and didn t want to do a Romanian one again, as the ppl at the embassy are asking for to much crap of documents( sorry).

Being married in UK they need me to register the marriage in Romania, and only in the capital, and this takes 2 months to do. Also both of us birth certificates translated in Romanian and they do not accept any of document translated by my ( as I have a translations business as well) but only by the translators they appoint( to make sure that they get a commision)

Well I guess no choice I have to wait... :-(

Thanks for your help

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

Do you have a time limit to register your UK marriage in Romania? Or could you wait until you have UK citizenship and a UK passport.

As far as I am aware you don't need to have a current passport to send with your application.Your expired passport should do, but this does mean you unfortunately cannot travel outside the UK whilst waiting to apply.

Ppron should be along soon to clarify if I am incorrect.

If I am wrong, I apologise for misleading you.

see page 28 to 30 inclusive of Guide AN (new) http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/guideannew.pdf

It does state that you need the passport that shows the permission to remain permanently in it and in a previous paragraph it states "The applicant's passports. I think this is IF you have more than one.

However if you definitely need to travel home to Romania before this....well, sorry  I cannot help.

Regards

Margaret-ann

17 years ago
Spot-on, M-A - you don't have to have a current passport in order to apply for naturalisation, so unless Camelia has travel plans between November and March, she could just let her existing passport expire without replacing it, and going through all the other hassles.
I think the point of mentioning "passports" in the AN form is to make sure that people submit all passports covering the five year residence period, so that the Home Office can check out the various date stamps, to make sure that the residence requirement is fully met.

paul

houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago
Can you stay in the country without a valid passport? The ILR (can be treated as a Visa) is issued on the passport & does it not become invalid once passport expires?
kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Yes you can stay here with an expired passport. The ILR visa in your  passport does not expire. Even if you do renew your passport, you do not have to transfer your ILR to your new passport, just carry both with you if you travel outside the UK and save the expense of transferring it.
17 years ago

I have received my PR in March this year.

Can I apply for citizenship or do I have to wait untill March next year?

Please help

Thank you

Camelia