bshaik@ntlworld.com.1330535426
17 years ago

Hi

I am writing test(life in uk) very soon. then i will apply for the naturalization. do i need to submit my original passport since after one month i am travelling. i am on a work permit does naturatlization process will finish with in a month.

ur suggestions please

rgds..shaik

Sponsor

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
If you are anywhere near a Nationality Checking Service office, I suggest you use it to submit your application. They will copy all of the supporting documents and give them straight back to you.

There is also a good deal of anecdotal evidence suggesting that NCS-submitted application can be dealt with much more quickly than postal applications. You don't have to live in the district of the borough who provides the NCS office - you can use any office in the country. There is a list here -  http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/ncs

If you don't want to use NCS, you will need to get a solicitor to provide certified copies of all pages of your passport, and submit the copy instead.  Don't even think of sending the original passport with your application if you have only got a month before you need it. Some applications are dealt with very quickly, but many take over a month, or longer....

paul