ecangeleri@ntlworld.com.1330535427
17 years ago

All is in the GUide:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/134812_AN_Guide_A4_36pp.pdf

0845 10 5200

Ring them up and check!

If applying on the grounds of residence only, and only yourself:

1) Passport
2) Evidence of identity (birth certificate, driving licence, etc)
3) Life in the UK test passed certificate
4) Evidence of lawful residence for mi ninimum 5 years
5) Evidence of freedom from time restrictions (ILR)
6) Payment of £268 , either by cheque or filling in the payment slip, you can download, if you pay by debit card.

Ed

Sponsor

janecope@hotmail.com.1330535427
17 years ago

Thanks Ed.

I just wanted to make sure that i wasnt missing anything or if there was anything i could include to help speed things on.

I take it for points 4 and 5 of the above my passport will be sufficient? Or do i need to prove ive been living here for the last 5 year some other way? I do have a letter from my employer stating this.

my residency permit is in my passort. Is that good enough for ILR?

ecangeleri@ntlworld.com.1330535427
17 years ago

I really don't know, you should better ring them. As I have an EU passport I don't need a residence permit, so I am not familiar with non-EU passports, but I assume that your passport will show the date you entered the UK and the permit will state whether it is a ILR and when was granted.

A letter of the employer confirming your employment can be helpful.

Good luck.

Ed

janecope@hotmail.com.1330535427
17 years ago

After a successful sitting of my life in the uk test on Saturday, (5 out of 5 passed) i am planning on submitting my naturalisation application this week.

unfortunately there are no NCS centers near me in the SW and so i am submitting a postal application.

Ive read through everything and just want to clarrify that aside from the form, the knowledge of life in the uk test certificate,my passport and some form of payment, no other documentation is required.

Would it be of benefit to include a letter from my employee, pay slips, mortgage cerftificate, p60's or anything else or is it only weighing down my application and increasing the postage cost?  ;-)

Or am i missing somewhere that stipulates that other documentation is required?

Can i just say thanks for the test questions here.  This is a fantastic idea and service you offer!