paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Your wife will be fine to take the test now, and the same results will also be valid for the naturalisation application.

One word of caution though....

I'm sorry to say that I think your wife may need to apply for "further leave to remain" before she applies for ILR. From what you have said, her visa expires on 31 October 2007. But she won't have been in the UK for two years when the visa expires - her second anniversary in UK will be 12 December 2007.

And she needs to be in UK for two years before being eligible for ILR...

So I am afraid that your wife may need to apply for further leave (on Form FLR(M)) during the last four weeks of October, and then for ILR later on.

This is just my opinion - by all means check it with IND - there's plenty of time to get a written ruling from them - it's probably not the sort of thing to deal with over the telephone.

good luck

paul

Sponsor

winner22
  • winner22
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago

Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful, also, is it true what they say that all the info you can find on this web-site is everything you need to learn to pass the test?

http://www.lifeintheuk.org/course/view.php?id=2

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I cannot comment from first-hand experience because I have never taken the test, and never even looked at the section of the site that deals with it.

But there have been a number of posts in these forums from people claiming that they have indeed passed the test without needing to buy additional materials, so I think it's probably true.

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
True.

When I took the test, this site was under going basic changes and all chapters were not online.  Since then they have added all three chapters and sample tests. My experience was different but I believe that you do not have to purchase anything if you are practicing from this site.  All material is available here.

Waheed

winner22
  • winner22
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago
Thank you very much to all 😃
winner22
  • winner22
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago

My wife got her visa (spouse visa) on the 31/10/05, and she entered the country on the 12/12/05.  She knows she has to take the "life in the UK" test for her application for the indefinate leave visa, but how long before can she take it.  We have the current book, and therefore would like to take the test before April, so we dont have to get the new book and do the new test, but would that be acceptable or too early?

Also when she applies for the citizenship, does she have to retake the test, is there another test or is the first acceptable?

Please could you help us

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago

You will find all the material you need to pass the test on this website. However I cannot guarantee that you will pass the test by just using the sample tests here, it is best if you go through this website first and if still not confident try other options.

E Fidan
Administrator