paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Given that the test result certificate never expires, you can take the test any time you like
Sponsor

17 years ago

can you take the test even before receiving your ILR?

many thanks

17 years ago
You can take the test any time you like
17 years ago
thank you so much
mrmehkri
17 years ago
Be careful though; actually Home Office website says that test results would be kept for a reasonable time only - what is reasonable is any body's guess but I don't think it would be for more than a year.
17 years ago
In that case, perhaps I should add "...but don't lose the pass confirmation letter" to the reply that I posted in July...
mrmehkri
17 years ago
The way it has been described in the guide for nationality, I would rather infer that it would not matter after 'reasonable time' even if you have pass letter with you - possibly because in the absence of record, Home Office would not be able to verify its authenticity. (I believe similar rules apply in case of IELTS certificates, where record is kept for 2 years only and these certificates are not valid after this time). Best of luck.
mrmehkri
17 years ago

In a new development, Life in UK test will be required even for Indefinite Leave from April 2007. In the Q & A sheet, they have mentioned that the test results will not be time limited and would be valid indefinitely.

So presumably the Nationality guide would also be revised to clarify this point.

elfuk@hotmail.com.1330535426
17 years ago

Hi, everyone, I am so happy to find out this website. I came to UK in 2002. After graduated from university, I've married with an English guy and settling down in uk now.

Some people said, I do not need attend that language test because I have studied in the university in uk and got Master degree. The only test for me is the. Is that true?

I can apply for ILR in September 2007. When will be the ealiest time for me to attend the Life in the UK test?

THank you all

May