dhaqane@hotmail.com.1330535428
17 years ago

Whether or not your parents apply for British Citizenship will not have anything to do with your and your sister's individual applications if you fulfill all the requirements. Having said that, bear in mind that you need to have been physically present in the UK a day exactly 5 years before the day you application is recieved in the Home Office. Say if you came to the UK on 9 May 2002, then your application can not be submitted before 8 May 2007.

So you may have a problem if your application is submitted during April 2007.

Good luck

Sponsor

funkky121@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
Thank you so much.    We will try and book our appointmnt with the NCS during the last week of April . Hopefully we will be given a date for May 9th or the following week.
funkky121@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

I am hoping to apply for my citizenship through NCS in April as i would have spent 5yrs in UK by May 9 2007. However i will like to ask if the following information would affect me in applying as a friend of mine told me it could affect me.

1. My sister and i obtained  ILS through dad information. Howver he has not apply for his own citizenship even though he has been in this country for 7yrs. What if my dad do not have citizenship of UK yet, does that mean my sister and I cannot apply until he applys? we are both over 18 or should will wait for my dad and my mum to take the test and we all apply together?

I will be grateful for your response

Many thanks