lifeintheuktest
17 years ago

I never heard such a request and cannot make any sense of it. I honestly believe there is a misunderstanding somewhere. They have no reason to ask you to produce any material.

With regards to copyright, I have permission to reproduce the material and you can only make copies for your personal use. You are alowed to print from the website as long as you do not distribute those copies.

If you really want, you can take a copy with you but you will be wasting paper. I'm sure they have meant something else. However, if it turns out to be true, then please let us know who the test centre is and I'll call them to see where did they get the idea and will share their answer here.

E Fidan
Administrator

Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
This kind of request does not make any sense at all. May be they were not clear in their instructions. Test centre do not care if you ever seen the chapters or not, they are there to make money.  The Instructions are very clear on all IND web sites that are related to Life in the UK test.

You should select another test centre immediately and report them to Home Office or better yet, give me the phone number of that test centre I will give them my peace of mind. If they are so stupid to ask such things, they should be shut down immediately.

Please do supply me their number, I love to handle such idiots.

Thanks

spouse
  • spouse
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago

Dear Messrs Fidan and Malik,

Today, I went to the test centre to sit for the test without producing the learning materials and got a pass.

Grateful to you for providing this useful site for those people like me.

Regarding the issue of the materials, I wanted to ask the staff, who had required me to show the materials before taking the test, after completing the test, but the staff was not present. As I passed it, I decided to give up my intention of finding out the reason(s). Anyway, your quick replies and support really increased my confidence in the test, many thanks again.

What I am worried is that as I took the test too early (my spouse visa will end in 2008) and HO may not keep my result for such a long time.

Best regards,

Spouse

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Knowing Home Office and its staff, I will not count even a day for them to produce or look at their record.  You must protect your result sheet as main evidence.  I am not even sure if they keep any record of the electronics results be cause if you don't have the result sheet attach they will refuse to believe that you passed.

As long as you have your pass result they cannot deny it; therefore, keep it in a safe place.

spouse
  • spouse
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago

Dear Mr. Malik,

Thank you for your advice.

Don't worry! My result is being kept in Buckingham Palace (just a joke!).

Best regards,
Spouse

spouse
  • spouse
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
17 years ago

Dear Mr. E Fidan,

I will be required by a test centre to produce my passport and Chapters 2, 3 and 4 for them to check before taking the test tomorrow.

I would like to know if I am allowed to download Chapters 2, 3 and 4 from this site and give the centre for checking (I really do not know why I have to produce such chapters, is it a must to produce them for taking the test?)

I look forward to your early reply.

Best regards,

Spouse