kh_m101@hotmail.com.1330535431
16 years ago

It counts from 8 of November 2002, when you get FLR it just counts as additional period on top of your previous work permit.

Did you leave for 10 month in one tax year or it is total for 5 years?

Sponsor

sushil
  • sushil
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
Dear kh m

Thank you very much for reply. My FLR has been granted on 26th of November 2002 not 8th November. Although, my work permit approved on 8th of September 2002. It was my first work permit and first employer whom I am still working with.

Regarding out of the country time, 10 months in 5 years time not in one tax year.

Once again thank you very much for your response.

Sushil
sushil
  • sushil
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago

I am in the UK as work permit holder. It is nearly five years now but I am really confused with starting date and out of the country time. Could anyone help me please? Please find below the details of my status:

• In January 2001: come to the UK as Student

• In August 2002: got my professional job and my employer applied for work permit.

• 8th of September 2002. Work permit application has been approved by HO (Not FLR). Work permit approval letter says that I am allowed to work from now on i.e. 8th of September 2002 but I have to cease an employment, if my FLR as work permit is being turn down.

• From 10th of September 2002 I started working subject to cease the job if in case my FLR is being turn down.

• On 26th of November 2002 HO granted FLR as work permit holder.

Now I have 2 queries:

1. When will I be eligible to apply ILR? Will it count from 8th of September as I have started working from that day or November once FLR is being approved?

2. During 5 years time I have spent almost 10 months out of the UK (In my home country) will this effect my application for ILR? As there are so many rumours about out of the country legislation. It made me really confuse.

I am hoping to get help in this regards

Thank you