kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

I booked my husbands by email.We did not provide his address or any other contact details. Take cash ( £34) as no other form of payment will be accepted.

Take your wife's passport (photographic ID) or a photographic driving licence and your marriage certificate showing proof of her name change.

When she has passed the test, the test centre will issue a pass letter showing your  details and will ask you to confirm those details before he/she signs it. DOUBLE CHECK all details on the letter.Make sure your wifes name is correct

You must also take your passport.

When you apply for citizenship you fill in what name you wish your certificate to be  and you supply the proof. See the application form yourself

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/annew040806.pdf

Page 3, 1.3 to 1.6

And here is the guide to fill in the form

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/11406/guideannew.pdf

see page 11 for information regarding the test

see page 15 for information regarding name changes.

Even if somehow or other, your wifes test certificate and subsequent citizenship papers show her maiden name, it is still possible to have her passport in her married name as there is also a section on that application form for 'name if different from.....' etc. I think it would make life easier if not more worry free if you managed to get the test certificate in her married name. Having said all that...if your wife would like to keep her maiden name, I think she can. Many women keep their maiden names, especialy professional women like doctors, pharmacists, psychatrists etc.

Hope all this helps you

Sponsor

houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Thank you very much Mrs G.

houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Hi,

I have booked the test for Saturday (26th Aug) and have following queries:

1. I have booked the test over the phone. I have not got a reference number and the person at the test centre told me that I just have to give my name as reference number. He has also not taken any credit / debit cards details and said the payment can be made by cash at the test centre. Is this normal for others who have booked or you have to pay while booking the test? My question arises because if I dont turn up for the test, how is he going to charge me the cancellation fee (no address or anything else provided except name)?

2. My wife has retained her maiden surname till now but we want to have the British passport with her married surname. We have booked the test for her (same date & time as mine) in her married surname. What proofs of identification would be required while taking the test?