fr.will@zen.co.uk.1330535427
16 years ago
You cannot apply for a UK passport till you are a British citizen. To do this, you must submit a valid Form AN, have your application approved, then attend a citizenship ceremony. Once you attend the ceremony and take an Oath of Allegiance, you will be a citizen and receive a certificate of naturalisation. Once you have that, you can apply for a British passport immediately.
Sponsor

16 years ago
thankz for the reply, it was very useful to know what forms to fill in, but i really need to know when i can start applying, coz i have ILR visa in the passport, and i have been in uk for the past 4 years, can i start the application now?? as it is i got ILR, do i need to do the life in the uk test??
fr.will@zen.co.uk.1330535427
16 years ago
If you are married to a UK citizen (or in a civil partnership), and if you have ILR, and if you have been here at least 3 years, then you can apply for British nationality now.

If you are not married to a UK citizen (or in a civil partnership, then you need to have 12 full months of ILR and 5 years' residence altogether before you apply.
bhanji
  • bhanji
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
hello there, i am very confused as to when to apply for a british passport, at the moment i got an ILR in a overseas passport, theres no time limit or any thing, and i am also taken as home student for university, i came in the UK in the summer of 2004, does anyone know if i can apply for passport now?? or do i have to wait??  i have done the Test and passed it....please help me!!