fr.will@zen.co.uk.1330535427
16 years ago
It works like this for spouses of British citizens:

If you have ILR and you were here legally for 3 years in any capacity then you are entitled to apply for citizenship immediately. You *must* have ILR (but you don't have to have it for a year); you *must* have been residing in the UK on or before the exact day 3 years before the day your application is received; you *must* have been physically present on the exact day 3 years before the day your application is received.

Good luck.
Sponsor

lizzyzg@googlemail.com.1330535432
16 years ago

Thanks for the information...

I sat for my test today and it took only 5 minutes, it was fairly easy but I would still recomend people to read the book at least once and complement that with lots of practice with the online tests.

Best of all for those that will sit for the Life in the UK pain test.... :- ))

Liz

lizzyzg@googlemail.com.1330535432
16 years ago

Hello all,

I arrived here in July 2005 with a fiancee visa, got married  to a british citizen and I am about to sit for the test(tomorrow), I assume that after submtting all the paperwork ILR will not be a problem.

Having read some of the posts, I notice that people mention ' if you have lived here for more than 3 years and are married to a british citizen , you can apply for citizenship' ... I am getting a bit confused. Does my fiancee visa count  as part of the 3 years living here once holding an ILR visa or the Home Office counts it from the moment we got married ?

Tomorrow is my test and the samples here have helped a lot ( I have read the book too! ), anyway ..all the best for you people ...

Liz