paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I think the answer, "Hounslow", is that your wife simply goes  ahead and does it! The application form, when completed, will show that she has taken your surname, and the change in her signature will naturally follow from this. I don't think it even needs a covering letter of explanation, provided that the marriage certificate is submitted...

And I'd like to join in your tribute to Waheed's hard work here. Long to continue, I trust!

Sponsor

malikw
  • malikw
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago
Thank you for your nice words but my work does not even come near to the work performed by P Pron.  Mr. Pron has given very professional and accurate advice to the Forum member and I was just trying to do the best I can and helping in my own way.

I am glad we found Mr. Pron.  I don't mind taking the credit for it because it was me who needed help on the other forum and Mr. Pron helped me.

A BIG THANK to Mr. Pron

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago
I also think Paul deserves a round of applause and you too Waheed. I think anyone who goes out of their way to be helpful to others without expecting anything in return is to be a truly genuine person, no matter what religion or race or anything else. The sooner every other person on this planet of ours realises that we are all one, then the sooner we can hope for peace the whole world over. would that not be the most wonderful thing ever?
lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
You are all doing a great job.

I believe everyone will agree with me that Waheed is the person who brought life into discussion forums so he deserves a special 'thank you'.

E Fidan
Administrator

houns9@yahoo.co.uk.1330535424
17 years ago

Hi,

My wife is applying for the citizenship in her married surname. We will use the NCS service and have our original marriage certificate. So far, so good. Now the tricky bit is, she also wants to change her signature. This is because she used to sign her name as 'first name' 'maiden surname'. Now she wants to sign as 'first name' 'married surname'.

We did't think of these things much till now but my wife gets a bit annoyed when someone refers to her as Mrs 'xyz' & me as Mr 'xyz', where 'xyz' is her maiden surname. She wants to be identified as Mrs 'pqr' which is her married surname. Since we will be getting a new passport, she wants all changes in the passport to be consistent.

Is it possible for her to sign the application form & have her new signature in the British Passport?

Thanks.

PS : I know P Pron will be providing valuable inputs to me. But, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Waheed Malik who has been the torch bearer till P Pron & Mrs G came along. Eeven though I haven't asked anything on this forum before, I could see the dedication of Mr Malik in helping everyone.