lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

I heard a few people having the same problem as you. The test centre where you have taken the test probably tried to cheat the exam results for some of the applicants.

Home Office will normally offer you a free test which has to be taken within a limited time or you start the process all over again.

E Fidan
Administrator

Sponsor

lalalajessiejia@yahoo.com.1330535432
16 years ago
Hi Fidan, thank you very much for your reply. Do you think I shall wait until the Home Office write to me to inform me to take the test again? Or Shall I take it now?

Also it is so annoying that if I need to start the process all over again. Do you know someone who has to do the process again?

Thank you very much!

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago

What do they exactly say in their letter to you? Are you advised to take the test or are they saying they will write to you again?

I know a couple of people who have been given 2 months to retake the exam or to start it all over again. Luckily they all pased the exam on their next try.

Regards,

E Fidan
Administrator

16 years ago
I haven't got the letter yet from the Home Office. When I phoned the Home Office, they said I can wait for them to resolve the problem and the letter (they don't know when) or I can take the test now. (they said only suggestion)

'given 2 months to retake the exam or to start it all over again'

Do you mean firstly they will give 2 months for the applicant to retake the exam, if person doesn't pass it, they will ask he/she to start the whole process all over again?

I think rather than waiting for the letter I can take the test now.

What is your advice?

Thank you so much!

Jessie
fr.will@zen.co.uk.1330535427
16 years ago
Personally, if it were me, I'd take the test now, and I'd keep a photocopy of it before sending it in.

Presumably what they mean by the two months is that they'll give you two months from the date of the letter -- when they send it -- and, yes, if you don't pass, you'll have to submit a whole new application.

It's a rotten thing that happened to you; but the Home Office are not known for resolving these things with all deliberate haste -- so if I could get myself out of the whole mess by taking another test, then that's what I'd do. The extra cost and time is a hassle; but not as much as waiting God-knows-how-long for your this thing to be straightened out.

Good luck.
Will
16 years ago
Hi Will, thank you very much for your advice. I think you are right. I will take the test now and send the result to the Home Office.

When I took the test two years ago, there were so many test centres that I can choose from. I felt so regretful to choose the test centre which turned out to be the wrong one (doesn't meet the standard). And it was listed on the 'Life in the UK' official website two years ago. Now it is not there anymore.

Jessie

lifeintheuktest
16 years ago
Hi there,

I don't know if anyone can give me some advice or have similar situations. I have been waiting for my application for more than 2 years! The Home Office said I might need to take 'Life in the UK' test again, as the test centre might not meet the standard. They said I can wait or take the test again.

Do anyone experience similar issue? Or any suggestions from your experience?

Thank you in advance!

Jessie