bcbg83@googlemail.com.1330536375
13 years ago
I'm applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in August and I know I can't apply more than 28 days before my visa expires, but what is my immigration status from the time my visa expires to the time I get my new visa? I've heard it can take up to 6 months to get my application approved, so I'm confused about my status while my visa is expired. I found a link to this question on the Home Office site, but the link wasn't working.
Also, I was in the UK on a fiancée visa in 2008, and I applied for an extension, because our wedding plans weren't coming together in time. For some reason, this was denied, but the application processing time was far longer than normal. As soon as I received the rejection, we went to the registers office, booked the soonest date we could, and were married. However, this was 2 days after my visa expired. The next day, we went to immigration in Glasgow for a spouse visa, and the woman there said it wasn't a problem, as the extension took 3 months to process and she knew we had been married as quickly as possible. I was hoping if someone could tell me if my application may take longer to process, because I overstayed by 3 days. Every time I leave the UK on holiday and return, I'm kept at immigration for at least 30 minutes because of overstaying, so I'm concerned that the case worker will see this, not know the details, and cause it to take a long time, or possibly get denied. Any advice?
Thank you!
Sponsor

bcbg83@googlemail.com.1330536375
13 years ago
I found all the information I needed, actually, and will be making an in person application instead, because my husband can't be without his passport.