• 50.2% (Neutral)
17 years ago

I am not sure what will happen in yours, mine
was on July 19 and was very comfortable for me.  I reached their about 10
minutes early and they checked my papers with the letter they sent me and the
Certificate of Naturalisation. We sat until Lord Mayor showed up then we went
through the group Oath of Allegiance ceremony. Lord Mayor did the speech for
about 10 minutes. Speech was on
welcoming and becoming British Citizen. After that they gave us our certificates
by calling our names one by one shaking hand with Lord Mayor. This was all over in about 45 minutes.

You may expect little different from mine
as I believe every council may have little different procedures.

Sponsor

dena4u@fsmail.net.1170684972
17 years ago

hi..i had my ceremony last tuesday..the mayor, his wife, and the registrar were there plus we are 3 who will take an oath..plus one companion each..it was a very solemn ceremony..the regitrar will read  the oath..either affirm or swear to each one of us and we will follow after her..it only took around 2o minutes for the 3 of us..the mayor give a short message and picture taking after...then thats it..all done..we were given a pack ..including a passport application..but what i've done..i get application form from post office ahead of time..ask for the referee then after my ceremony i send my application straight away ...i paid £76..the i got my passport saturday morning..

hope it helps...

thelocky@hotmail.com.1330535424
17 years ago

hi, there. could you tell me please whether i can take photo by myself intead of professional photographer there in the ceremony room?

paulat.pron@tiscali.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

That is something you will need to ask your local council - they are responsible for organising ceremonies, and it would be up to them whether you can use your own camera.

paul

lifeintheuktest
17 years ago
You will be notified about the restrictions before the ceremony starts. In normal conditions you cannot use your camera during the ceremony and while taking the certificate but will be given a photo shoot opportunity after the ceremony ends.

E Fidan
Administrator
thelocky@hotmail.com.1330535424
17 years ago

thanks very much paul and E Fidan. i will make sure the restriction before i get into the ceremony room.

regards,

vicky

kerrasp@yahoo.co.uk.1330535426
17 years ago

My husband has just received the ceremony invitation telling him the order of what will happen on the occasion.

After the ceremony in which he will be presented his certificate by a local councillor there is to be a presentation of a gift on behalf of the Highland council and refreshments to follow. Sounds welcoming.

Will let you know how it went afterwards

17 years ago
Well, it's all over. In and out of ceremony in under 15 minutes. Small speech, repeat pledge, handed certificate and presentation of gift on behalf of our council (boxed gift set of whisky and a shot glass etched with council logo)  They allowed piccies during ceremony. Lots of handshakes and congratulations etc by councillors
17 years ago

Here are a couple of pics taken just after he got his certificate 

We took video of him receiving the certificate but I don't think I can post that on here.

mail@tjudd.eclipse.co.uk.1330535425
17 years ago

I've got my ceremony coming up in a couple of weeks, just wanted to know what other peoples experiences of the ceremony have been and what to expect.

TA