redsquirrel
13 years ago
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure how broad this explanation is, but hopefuly it's pretty simple. It goes something like this - 'Don't worry about it!'

As per an announcement from the Home Secretary last November the Earned Citizenship system isn't going to be implemented any more. You can read more about this here - but the good news is that you don't need to worry about interim schemes for the time being.

It hasn't been confirmed what, if anything, will replace the scheme as yet. It is possible that at this stage the test itself wil be revised and the citizenship application process reviewed after the census. This will also allow time for the changes to the Tier system (notbaly student visas) to be confirmed first.

I hope this helps
George
Sponsor

mooreraz22
13 years ago
Was wondering if anyone can share more light into this topic, been reading about the issue on line but cant really understand it fully. Got this piece from the article i read online but still dont understand:

((((((Transitional Arrangements)))))

Those who have already made an application for citizenship will have their application decided under the current arrangements. Additionally, those who currently have indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK or who have been granted ILR by the date of commencement (a date in July 2011 yet to be announced) or who have applied for ILR before the date of commencement and are subsequently granted ILR will have their applications for citizenship decided under the current arrangements provided that they apply for citizenship within two years of commencement.)))))

My question:

what do they mean by current rule/arrangement

Does it mean that come July 2011 when the earned citizenship is introduced, anyone with ilr will be able to apply for British Citizenship without having to pay the Naturalisation fees or do the life in the UK test?

Any broad and open explaination on this issue will be highly appreciated

many thanks
km95
  • km95
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
13 years ago
As far as I know, as per the announcement in Nov 2010, the earned citizenship won't be in place yet as it is more complicated than thought. So, I believe your application for naturalisation should still be under current sytem. Don't worry.