nomishah
12 years ago
I am stuck in the same situation man if find info on this please post here

Thanks
Sponsor

mrlookforward
12 years ago
From where did you get the idea that your wife needs life in the uk test before she can get a spouse visa? Please can you post the link or copy and paste the relevant information and also the source of information?
buckles
  • buckles
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

Changes to settlement from 6 April 2011

index has microsite children if it does then we want to put the appropriate two columns at the bottom of the body. -->

07 April 2011

The rules for settlement in the UK changed on 6 April 2011.

We have tightened the former settlement criteria by introducing the following changes:

• A new criminality threshold. Applicants must now be clear of unspent convictions when they apply for settlement, as stated in the criminality requirement guidance.

• A new income requirement. Tier 1 (General) migrants must now meet the same income criteria that applied when they last extended their permission to stay in the UK. Migrants who have been in Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra company transfer), or who have held work permits, must be being paid the appropriate rate as stated in our codes of practice.

• Reform of the English language requirement. Migrants in Tier 1, Tier 2 and their precursor routes must now pass the Life in the UK test rather than an ESOL with citizenship course. Transitional arrangements will apply.

• An accelerated route to settlement for Tier 1 (Investor) and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants who meet enhanced criteria.

Revised policy guidance for our staff came into effect on 6 April, and is published in our Policy and law section.

A statement of changes to the Immigration Rules (HC 863) contains full details of all the changes that came into effect on 6 April 2011.

or see the link here. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsfragments/42-settlement

I have been told that the online for i need to fill is VAF 4 as this is for settlement.

Please let me know.

Buckles

mrlookforward
12 years ago
You are looking at the information which is not relevant to your case. Your wife will be applying for Entry clearance/Visa to travel to UK and not for settlement. She will apply for settlement once she is been in UK for two years. This settlement is called "Indefinite leave to remain".
buckles
  • buckles
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hello People,

My wife (Filippino) and I (British Citiizen) who got married early this year and now have a 1 month old child (will be a British Citizen once we get passort back) are looking to move back to the UK soon for good. We looked at moving back earlier this year and my wife took the ESOL international (Entry 2) exam and passed with merit, test was done on the January 2011. We then decided to stay put in Dubai but now we are looking to go back to the Uk.

We have filled in the UK Boarder agency online form (VAF 4) and we noticed that we may need my wife to take the Life in UK exam? Looked on there web page and it says they have 60 locations to take the exam but these are all in the UK.

Does she need to take this exam and if so where to take it in Dubai as this is where we both live at the moment.

Let me know

Buckles