mrlookforward
12 years ago
No
Sponsor

redsquirrel
12 years ago
Hi Yasmin,

This actually changes today so the answer is yes, as your application will be made next month. This is taken from the UKBA announcement:

"From 29 February 2012, all applicants from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) applying to stay in the UK for more than 6 months will have to register their fingerprints and digital facial image. Successful applicants will be issued a biometric residence permit as evidence of immigration status and entitlements in the UK. This includes refugees and those granted settlement."

Hope this helps
George
mrlookforward
12 years ago
Sorry for not so upto date info. I shall correct myself, and agree that from today 29/04/2011 biometric permits are required even for ILR.

regards
jaz2012
  • jaz2012
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • Guest Topic Starter
12 years ago

I am currently on Spouse visa with 2 years stay, on the route to ILR, that is due to end next month. When I renew to get ILR , Do I need Biometric residence permits for ILR

Thanks

british
12 years ago
Hello there,

When I applied for Entry Clearance to enter UK in Spouse visa, I had done my biometrics (finger print, digital facial image) in VFS, visa application centre whilst submitting my settlement form. But they did not give me any kind of Biometrics card or anything such. Now I am in qualifying period and will be applying for ILR in near future. Do I need to do Biometrics test again? or my visa in my passport would notify it? I went through SETM form and saw in biometrics section, it seems that I should be doing or should provide an evidence.
I would really appreciate if I get replied and clarified.

Cheers